Greetings to one and all! I’m back with another Top 5 Tuesday. Today’s theme is Top 5 ‘Top 5 Tuesdays of 2017’ which is a dedication to the very lovely Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm for coming up with such an innovative and engaging idea of making top 5 lists. This is a tribute to her for everything she has done for this blogging community. If you have not familiar with these lists yet, go check out her blog.
I discovered Shanah’s Top 5 Tuesday in December and couldn’t resist from being a part of it. It is very difficult to mention only 5 of the topics so I’m listing the ones I did and the ones I wish I could’ve done. So, here is my Top 5 ‘Top 5 Tuesdays’ in no particular order because all the topics are equally awesome.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Room on the Roof by Ruskin Bond
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Arundhati Roy
- Margaret Atwood
- Jhumpa Lahiri
- Rokeya Shakhawat Hossain
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- Lincoln in the Bardo by Goerge Sanders
- A Horse Walks into a Bar by David Grossman
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Top 5 reasons I blog
- Because I love talking about books.
- Because writing is therapeutic for me and I want to share this joy across the globe.
- Because I enjoy reading all kind of works and blogging means not only reading books but also reading what other people are up to.
- Because I joined Bookstagram this year and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of 2017 so I wanted to try my luck in the blogging community as well.
- Because I want to encourage everybody to read more and more and engage in bookish conversations.
Top 5 books that have been on my TBR the longest
- Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Beloved by Tomi Morrison
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
That’s all folks. I am not going to do another Top 5 until next year. So, thank you for taking out for me and bearing with me every Tuesday. Let me know which of the Top 5 Tuesdays were your favorites.
Happy (Tuesdayish) Reading!